Transaction Pro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > QuickBooks Products > 01 Transaction Pro Deleter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Deleter does not consider Inactive list entries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDeleter does not consider Inactive list entries

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deleter does not consider Inactive list entries
    Posted: 08 July 2008 at 8:54am
Why doesn't the Deleter software consider an inactive list item for deletion? Most likely these are the first ones that users want deleted.

If there is a valid reason to not consider Inactive Items you could have a check box to allow the end user to decide.
Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 10:50am
Good suggestion. We can include inactive lists and publish that. We will post back to this forum when that patch has been released.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 11:09am

Correction: If you do a search by Date (Modified Date) you will get the inactive Customer, Vendors, etc.

Truper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 11:15am
That is somewhat helpful, but I still think that having the option to include or not include inactive name lists would be a great addition. It could be an option regardless of which search item you use, Name or Date range.
Truper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 12:53pm
I just did a Customer request by Date Modified from 6/1/1900 to today and I received no customers.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 12:57pm
changed the to date to the day after today.
Truper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 1:30pm
Scratch that last message because the year 1900 is not a valid year in quickbooks. 1901 is the first acceptable date.
addaline View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addaline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2017 at 12:41pm
It's 2017, and it appears this has not been changed. Looks like I will have to manually re-activate a whole bunch of inactive customers/jobs/sub-jobs in order to delete all of the old Customer data that I need to get rid of.

Dion
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2017 at 3:48pm
You can try the suggestion below:
If you do a search by Date (Modified Date) you will get the inactive Customer, Vendors, etc.

Visit our blog at http://www.blog.transactionpro.com for more tips and how to examples
addaline View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addaline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2017 at 4:01pm
I searched from 29/01/1901 to tomorrow (30/09/2017) but nothing showed up.

To be fair, I didn't try 1/1/1901, but based on the previous responses it appeared Inactive Customers might be future-dated.

As luck would have it, only about 20 of the 3266 Customers were Inactive. But still....

Thanks,

Dion
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic