Transaction Pro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > QuickBooks Products > Intuit App Center - Transaction Pro Importer QBOE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedProblem importing bills

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brilang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem importing bills
    Posted: 15 August 2018 at 9:15am
Hello,

I am long time user but new to the app and QuickBooks online. In the old version I used the item receipt with bill template all of the time. We have an antique shop and buy lots of items at an auction and I need to bring those items in from a spreadsheet into inventory and then pay bill with a Check. It worked great before. I am having a few issues with the online version. I noticed I can import a bill and provide items instead of expenses. However when I do this, it imports the items as a service, not an inventory item. I do not see a way to correct that, so I had to go back and change each one manually from a service to an inventory item which is a real bummer.
The second issue is in the old version, using the item receipt with bill template I could set the Inventory Asset account and the Income account during the import of the items as a bill. So if I pulled up the items after import those fields were set correctly. I cannot find anywhere when I import the items as a bill in the new version online that I can set those accounts so I had to go back and change those manually too. 
In my past experience it is usually my error and I am just not seeing the correct way to do it so I thought I would ask. 

thanks for the help!
Brian 
TProMichelle View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TProMichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2018 at 6:09pm
For the online version, the posting account is decided by the item setup in QB. However, if the items are not setup previously and you are having QB create them during import, you cannot set the defaults for the item. They import as Service items and posting to Miscellaneous Income. The option to be able to set the defaults in the online version has been requested and is on the development list to hopefully be added to a future release. 

At this time, it is best to have the items (products and services) setup before importing the bill, if possible.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic