Transaction Pro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > QuickBooks Products > 01 Transaction Pro Exporter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTPE 7.0 Command line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purelandsupply Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TPE 7.0 Command line
    Posted: 07 June 2018 at 11:35am
Hello, I am trying to automate an Item list export that we use for inventory updates on our websites. I am able to do it manually with the software but I am having a heck of a time making a batch file to run it.

I tried some of the command line options for 6.0 but the only thing I get is TPE opening and no file in the export location.  I made sure I have spaces before any slash and used absolute directories.

Is there a list of command line options for 7.0 or are they the same as 6.0 and I just need to keep testing or possibly even a sample bat file that I can adapt for my needs?  I am looking to export the entire item list without any filters,  Active and Inactive items together. 

This is for QB18 enterprise.

Thank you

Frank
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 2:15pm
The command line options are the same for versions 6 and 7.

Could you post the command line that you have currently set up and we will take a look?
Visit our blog at http://www.blog.transactionpro.com for more tips and how to examples
purelandsupply View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purelandsupply Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 10:10pm
Thank you for the reply. I searched your forum deeper and found that I had a missing space. Command line is working great.  

My only issues now is when I export the item list, the custom fields are not all being pulled. The header is there but none of the content is appearing.
purelandsupply View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purelandsupply Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 2:48pm
Smile

Update!

I opened the custom field adjustment window through the item list and un-checked the radio box and re-checked it for the Custom Field Item that was not populating properly. I then re-ran the export and the header and data are correct.

I suspect this was in our company file rather than the TPE software. 

If anyone else reads this, try opening any item with a custom field, then edit the custom fields.  Uncheck the check mark and then re-check it.  Then close the window.  That is what worked for me. I will see if it holds up over time and update if needed.
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 2:18pm
Wow great tip! Thanks for sharing!
Visit our blog at http://www.blog.transactionpro.com for more tips and how to examples
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic