Transaction Pro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > QuickBooks Products > 01 Transaction Pro Deleter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Old items that haven't been used in a long time
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old items that haven't been used in a long time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathryn91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old items that haven't been used in a long time
    Posted: 31 October 2017 at 8:03pm
Hi.  Is there a way to filter out items (or customer, vendors, etc) that haven't been used in x number of years?  So, for example if there hasn't been any activity related to Item A since 2013 is there a way for me to identify and delete those items?   Or, the same with customers - if a customer hasn't bought anything since 2013 is there a way I can delete them?

I'm setting up a new QuickBooks file and the item list is huge (it would take so long to make all of the items inactive) so it would be much better if I could delete the items that haven't had any activity.  Since I'm starting with a new file and can make a copy of the old file to make the deletions there is no issue or concern with any of the transactional data (such an invoice) being affected.

Thanks,
Kat
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2017 at 10:04am
I have searched around in QuickBooks and there is no report that will tell you the last time a list item has been used.

What you can do for the item list is use our Transaction Pro Deleter and query the entire item list the Deleter tool will only delete those items without any transactions associates with them.
Visit our blog at http://www.blog.transactionpro.com for more tips and how to examples
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic