Transaction Pro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > QuickBooks Products > 01 Transaction Pro Importer 5.0/6.0/7.0
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - TPI Fails to Apply Bill Payment or Receive Payment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TPI Fails to Apply Bill Payment or Receive Payment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TPI Fails to Apply Bill Payment or Receive Payment
    Posted: 03 November 2009 at 11:25am
If TPI fails to find a matching Bill or Invoice when processing a Bill Payment or Receive Payment you should be aware of a bug in the QBSDK. If your Bill or Invoice has a reference number that exceeds the limits of an integer data type (2147483647) then TPI will not be able to return the transaction.

The issue stems from an internal bug in the QBSDK. You can read the article in this link which confirms this:
http://idnforums.intuit.com/messageview.aspx?catid=7&threadid=2831&highlight_key=y&keyword1=3031

Basically QB will not return query results on any number that exceeds the limits of an integer (2147483647). So any invoice that has a number greater than this will not be able to be found. You have two choices: Shorten your invoice numbers or precede them with a letter so QB will treat them as text.

Update 5/25/2012:  On bill payments when importing a string (includes non numberic characters) the QuickBooks SDK will only find bills that have 19 or less characters in the bill refnumber.

JerryG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerryG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 6:29pm
Does anyone know if this is still a problem?  Might explain why I can't match my payments with invoices.

If it's still a problem, any workarounds would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 7:52am
It remains a problem as far as we know. The only workarounds are stated above.
Gzane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gzane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 3:26pm
I'm having similar problems importing A/R payments.  However, the problem isn't consistent. 90+ % of the transactions import and post correctly but the remaining 10% reject with "Could not find matching invoice to apply payment". 
The invoice # is only 5 digits long and the problem is isolated to specific customer/jobs.  After reviewing the setups of the customers that post and those that don't I can't discern any differences in the setup between the two.
Gzane
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2012 at 11:39am
Please create a single zip file that contains the following and upload it to the forum:
  1. Transaction log showing the error message
  2. Screen shot of the invoices for that customer:job that is not being found
Visit our blog at http://www.blog.transactionpro.com for more tips and how to examples
Gzane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gzane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2012 at 6:54pm
uploads/2795/Temp.zip

Uploaded are three files.  Two import log files and a pdf of an invoice that wouldn't post in the second test.  Below is a brief summary of the procedures followed.
  1. The log file with the most errors was generated when  I tested my import file on a QB's company loaded from a Portable Company file.
  2. After testing the input file I deleted the QB company files and reloaded the Company from an "Accountant's Copy".
  3. I then imported the same AR receipt file into the Company created from the Accountant's Copy.
  4. The import log with only 5 errors was the result of this import.
  5. After checking the 5 errors I found that 4 (highlighted in yellow) of the 5 indicated errors had actually posted to QB's.
  6. A pdf copy of the invoice for the payment that didn't post is attached.  The invoice remained unpaid on the customer's account.

The only difference between the two imports, using the same import file, was the first test was to a company generated from a "Portable Company" file and the second one was imported to a company created from an "Accountant's Copy".

Gzane
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 11:39am
Could you also upload a screen shot of the invoice from within QuickBook so that I can see that actual customer name.
Visit our blog at http://www.blog.transactionpro.com for more tips and how to examples
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 3:31pm
I received the zip file but it only had a copy of the pdf invoice.  Could you send all the files in a single zip file.  Below is a sceen shot of the sample invoice.

Gzane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gzane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 4:29pm
RE: ticket number of [237-18467D41-0106]. 
I just sent a copy of an error log, with observations, for an import I did this afternoon.  Attached are copies of all of the rejected invoices from the log. 

Hope this is what you are looking for.
uploads/2795/Rejected_Invoices_09-12.zip
Gzane
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 10:05am
You need to increase the length of the customer field with the Transaction Pro Importer.  You can find instructions in the TPI help file under Program Options/Modifying Field Lengths.  To access the help file while TPI is open either press the help button or press the F1 function key.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic