Transaction Pro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > QuickBooks Products > 01 Transaction Pro Importer 5.0/6.0/7.0
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - TPI Fails to Apply Bill Payment or Receive Payment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TPI Fails to Apply Bill Payment or Receive Payment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anybill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2014 at 4:09pm
Our client is having a similar issue where they are getting an error while trying to import Bill Payments: "Could not find matching bill to apply bill payment for..."

However, all of the bills that they have problems with are 18 characters or less and don't seem to be larger than the integer given above.

The client says that the bills appear in the system with the same reference numbers.

Some examples are:
2013-12-26 487.17
2013-12-13 9.06 US
2014-01-10 0.00 US

As far as we can tell, these reference numbers should not fall under the glitch. referenced above. They are using Transaction Importer 5.0
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 9:00am
Please create a one line import file that can recreate this error and then turn on the troubleshooting log option at the bottom of the advanced options tab within Transaction Pro Importer.  Then after import please upload the following in a single zip file to the forum:

1. Import file
  2. Map file (its location is indicated at the of the TPI mapping screen in red)
  3. Settings.txt from from the following directory:  my documents\01 Transaction Pro Importer 5.0
  4. Transaction log which was generated by TPI after import
  5. Troubleshooting log from my documents\01 Transaction Pro Importer 5.0\bill payments error log.txt
  6. Screen shot of the open bill from QuickBooks
Visit our blog at http://www.blog.transactionpro.com for more tips and how to examples
sballard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sballard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2014 at 4:28pm
This problem still exists.  I just tried to make a bill payment on a bill with reference number "Hanover; due 6/29/14" and TPI could not find it.  I even did a cut and paste on the bill number to the TPI record and tried again to no avail.  I couldn't figure out why until I read about the 19 character limit on strings for bill reference numbers.  I had to change the reference to get it to work.  I see no other work-arounds.Ouch
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2014 at 7:54am
Actually this is not an issue with Transaction Pro but a bug in the QuickBooks SDK that has been around for a long time and we all wish that this bug would be addressed by Intuit.
Visit our blog at http://www.blog.transactionpro.com for more tips and how to examples
mattmik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattmik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2015 at 2:07pm
Any news on this getting resolved?  We post a very large number of payments each day and I have to find an app that will work with uploads.

Thanks,
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2015 at 2:15pm
Any App that you try will have the same issue as all developers use the same QBSDK published by Intuit.  The bug is in the Intuit QuickBooks SDK and not our software.

Also IIF imports do not provide for any linking of payments so this method would not work either.
mattmik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattmik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2015 at 3:44pm
So are there any work around solutions or any ideas to speed up the bill payments selection process you have come across?  I just don't want to spend hours clicking boxes if at all possible.
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2015 at 4:01pm
From the original post in this thread:

You have two choices: Shorten your invoice numbers or precede them with a letter so QB will treat them as text.
mattmik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattmik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2015 at 5:01pm
Has anyone tried a space after the number to see if QB will see it as an alpha field?
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2015 at 11:48am
That will not work as trailing spaces are removed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic