Transaction Pro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > QuickBooks Products > 01 Transaction Pro Importer 5.0/6.0/7.0
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Custom Fields

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom Fields
    Posted: 21 October 2008 at 9:35am
Steps to enable custom fields in TPI 3.0:

NOTE THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE NOT NEEDED FOR TPI 5.0 and 4.0 - THERE IS A CHECKBOX OPTION TO ENABLE CUSTOM FIELDS.
  1. Be sure you have done the following in QuickBooks: Added your custom fields to your customers, vendors, items; created a custom template and enabled those custom fields on the template. An example of a custom template would be a custom invoice, custom sales receipt, etc.
  2. Add the command line parameter -CUSTOMFIELDS to the program shortcut (instructions to do this follow at the bottom of this post)
  3. The mapping screen will display the custom fields with the following prefixes: Item (cfi-), Customer (cfc-), Vendor (cfv-). Note your actual custom field name will occur after the dash in the prefix name. So if your custom field was setup as an item custom field and named Serial Number, it would be displayed in the mapping as cfi-Serial Number. Simply map to the custom field just like any other standard QuickBooks field.
To add command line switches, make a copy of the program shortcut and add the custom switches you need in the "target" property of the shortcut

Example: This adds custom fields to the mapping via the command line. 

1. Right click on the Windows START button on the lower left of your desktop and left click OPEN

2. Double click Programs folder. Double Click the 01 Transaction Pro Importer 3.0 folder.

3. You will see a shortcut named “Transaction Pro Importer 3.0”. Make a copy of this folder by clicking Edit/Copy then Edit/Paste.

4. Bring up the properties for this new program shortcut (right click on the shortcut and choose properties)

5. Edit the target from this:

"C:\Program Files\01 Transaction Pro Importer 3.0\Transaction Pro Importer 3.0.exe"

to this:

"C:\Program Files\01 Transaction Pro Importer 3.0\Transaction Pro Importer 3.0.exe" -CUSTOMFIELDS

grekhler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grekhler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 9:07pm
Does this work with QB 2009 Enterprise? I followed the instuctions and custom fields are not showing up?

Thanks,
Gene
Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 7:32am
Yes it does. Did you follow the instructions above?
grekhler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grekhler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 4:49pm
I'm trying to use "TimeTracking". While importing,  TPI creates new customers/jobs if they dont exist. I would like to include custom fields to be updated for the customer.  
rhondah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhondah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 7:09pm
Administrator,

I performed the steps above successfully.  However, now when i am trying to import my file to invoices the last step where it asks you to choose an account for items is blank when I click the drop down and I cannot go any further.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 7:44am
Please login to the QuickBooks file as Administrator or with rights to read/write the chart of accounts.
mefran2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mefran2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2009 at 11:20pm
I am using TPI 4.0 and I have had no success with the -CUSTOMFIELD command.  I have followed the instructions (numerous times) and the custom fields I have created in my invoice template are not generated on the mapping screen.  Will the custom fields come later in the process?  I have not proceeded for fear of the amount of time it would take to correct incorrect entries.  Please advise.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2010 at 4:58pm
You don't need to set that with 4.0. There is a checkbox on the options screen. Review the help file for more instructions.
Sandy Graves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandy Graves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 4:33pm
We are importing sales orders with 3 different price levels. Two of the levels are correct but 1 of them puts our cost price into the sales price field. We then have to adjust the price after the import. How can we get it to read all levels correctly?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 8:12am

You posted this under "Custom fields". Are you inquiring about price levels? If so you should start a new thread.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic