Transaction Pro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > QuickBooks Products > 01 Transaction Pro Importer 5.0/6.0/7.0
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Custom Fields

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2016 at 5:20pm
Hi Administrator,

I already read the log you provide. It seems not solving my issues. I am NOT trying to import transaction by cross referencing item using custom fields. I am trying to build the custom field in Quickbook by importing the custom field data into it.

If using the way you suggested, which transaction or list I need to select to import in the log? I am NOT importing new item or transactions, I want to import the custom field data into existing items. Is this doable using transaction pro? Hopefully I describe clear. Thanks!
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2016 at 6:25pm
Use the item list import and be sure to select the option to enable custom fields.
Visit our blog at http://www.blog.transactionpro.com for more tips and how to examples
Fiona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2016 at 9:20pm
Thanks for the response, I tried it, but maybe because the item is a group item and has already exists (I just want to add the custom field data), it told me "Item Exists-Group update not supported". Does it mean there's no way to import then? Or do you have any other suggestions? I got thousands of items that need to update the custom field....Thanks,
rhebus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhebus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2016 at 12:31pm
All I want to do is add the field 'cc email' to the vendor list import.  It is a field in QB so I am unsure whether or not it would be considered a custom field.  If it is not a custom field then how to I add it to the list of fields I want to populate?
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 2:23pm
Sorry our tool does not currently support the cc email field.
Visit our blog at http://www.blog.transactionpro.com for more tips and how to examples
mgarces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgarces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2017 at 11:10am
QB 2017 Enterprise supports creation of custom fields for Bills (I believe this was a feature introduced in 2014 Enterprise) - they can be added in the items list and added to the bills form column area. However, I do not see option to import or export these fields using TPI / TPE. I have activated custom fields as mentioned above and it works fine for Invoices but no good for Bills. Is there any plan to include custom bill fields in the near future now that QB supports the use of custom fields in Bills? Or maybe I am doing something wrong...?
ttf236 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttf236 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2017 at 11:01pm
I am using TPI 4.0 and I have had no success with the -CUSTOMFIELD command.  I have followed the instructions (numerous times) and the custom fields I have created in my invoice template are not generated on the mapping screen.  Will the custom fields come later in the process?  I have not 
----------------------
http://www.northumberlandmediacentre.com/
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2017 at 11:25am
Version 4 is no longer supported.  You should upgrade to version 6 read more here.
LCDeven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCDeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 6:26pm
Hello All,

I'm fairly new with TPI and QB. I would greatly appreciate any advice to solve this problem I'm having.. I am trying to import invoices into QB Desktop and the items within the invoices (Item, Quantity, etc.) are already existing within QB AND the items are tied to specific Income accounts... Now here is where I'm having an issue. When I try to import everything I was told to input the "Account" in the Account column during the import but I get errors that the account doesn't exist. How can I import Invoices into Specific Income / SubIncome Accounts? Should I try a different import type? Thank you all for your time

QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 2:21pm
@LCdeven make sure your import file includes both the parent and the sub item separated by a colon. Then QuickBooks will use the underlying accounts that already exist on that time in QuickBooks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic