Transaction Pro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > QuickBooks Products > 01 Transaction Pro Importer 5.0/6.0/7.0
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Custom Fields

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigTater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 6:08pm
I am using the TPI 4.0 and QB Enterprise 11.0 and am unable to get the Custom Fields to show up for mapping.

We have unique OwnerID's we use to track our Vendors in one system, so I created a new field for this ID in QB under Items / Custom Fields. My goal was to use this ID to match my records when importing our Transactions into QB since our Vendor names do not match in the program we are importing from.

Can this be done with a Custom Field and NOT using the Account No. field? Also, any idea why I can't see my Custom Fields when I go to MAP my fields? I have checked the box "Enable Custom Fields" under the Advanced tab.
Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2011 at 8:57am
You can't use a custom field for a cross reference. You can only use the vendor account number field.

Also for custom fields in Enterprise 11 3rd party application do not have access to all custom fields. Read this disclaimer on our web site here: http://www.baystateconsulting.com/products/enterprise10disclaimer.htm
BigTater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigTater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2011 at 9:29am
Thanks very much for the reply. I also tried using the "Vendor No" field (under additional info custom fields under Vendors) since I couldn't use the field I created and it still doesn't work. Would this fall into the not having access to the "Custom Fields" you mention since its created by QB?

Also, I am using the trial version of your software if that makes a difference as well. This is also the reason we are looking into purchasing your software. The ease of importing transactions is our goal.

Thanks again for your response.
Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2011 at 10:30am
The field you need to use is on the Vendor Additional Info Tab and it is labeled "Account No."

Trial version works the same as the registered one.
rhondah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhondah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2012 at 11:23am
We use the importer software to import invoices into Quickbooks Enterprise 12.0. We have custom fields setup on the customer/job records and enabled on the invoices. When we import invoices, the custom fields import correctly to the invoice. However, if there is not job record under the appropriate customer, the import software creates the customer and on the job record the custom fields are not imported. Is there any way to have these custom fields also imported to the customer/job records in addition to the custom fields on the invoice?
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2012 at 11:36am
Not on a transaction import.  You can use our item list import to update custom fields on the customer. 
Visit our blog at http://www.blog.transactionpro.com for more tips and how to examples
Sara39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:55am
I have transaction importer 4.0 and would like to add a custom field for subclass.  Is this possible?  Whenever I try I end up with new classes being created instead of it going to an existing subclass.
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:08pm
In your import file make sure you have the Class and sub class separated by a colon (eg Class:subclass) mapped to the QuickBooks field, Class.
Visit our blog at http://www.blog.transactionpro.com for more tips and how to examples
Fiona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2016 at 1:46am
Hi Administrator,

We have thousands of item and I want to add custom field data for them, how do I import the custom field data into QuickBooks using TPI? Does TPI has this function to import custom field date into QuickBooks Item's custom field?

Thanks,
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2016 at 10:56am
Yes this is possible be sure to enable the Transaction Pro Importer option, enable custom fields.  Read more on our blog.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic