Transaction Pro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > QuickBooks Products > 01 Transaction Pro Importer 5.0/6.0/7.0
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Command Line Parameters Add Hidden Features

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msbodner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2015 at 11:52am
If I do an import with Bill and then a second import with Item Receipt, will that be equivalent to a single import with Item Receipt w/Bill?
Michael Simon Bodner, Ph.D.
Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2015 at 12:18pm
Note the Item Type above the accounts cannot be set via the command line. It defaults to the same item type as the last import.

Syntax is as follows: (no quotes around names)

Assume the following for accounts:

Account = Sales
Income Account = Sales
COGS Account = Cost of Goods Sold
Asset Account = Inventory

Yes you need to specify /NO_COA first for any of these to be read.

Example syntax (assuming you have account numbering turned off. If you have account numbering turned on then just use the account number. Don't use both in either case)

/NO_COA /NO_COA_ACCT=Sales /NO_COA_INCOME_ACCT=SALES /NO_COA_COGS_ACCT=Cost of Goods Sold  /NO_COA_ASSET_ACCT=Inventory
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2015 at 12:19pm
Why do both? Just do a bill import. On the Bill import mapping screen you will see the fields for items. This will increase your inventory for the items and create a bill from the vendor.
msbodner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msbodner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2015 at 12:23pm
Great. Thanks.
msbodner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msbodner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 1:08pm
I am trying the NO_COA commands.

Not working.

I have tried with three options

1. Just the account number (ex 110000)
2. Account name: INVENTORY (11000-00)
3. Both: 1100000 INVENTORY (11000-00)

The syntax is a follows:

"C:\Program Files\01 Transaction Pro Importer 5.0\Transaction Pro Importer 5.0.exe"   /TEXT_FILE=\SIS\LSQB\QBAPFILE.TXT /MAP_FILE=\SIS\LSQB\LSAPIMP.DAT /TXN_TYPE=Bill /DELIMITER=Comma /NO_COA /NO_COA_ACCT=4010000 /NO_COA_INCOME_ACCT=4010000 /NO_COA_COGS_ACCT=5000000  /NO_COA_ASSET_ACCT=1100000

"C:\Program Files\01 Transaction Pro Importer 5.0\Transaction Pro Importer 5.0.exe"   /TEXT_FILE=\SIS\LSQB\QBAPFILE.TXT /MAP_FILE=\SIS\LSQB\LSAPIMP.DAT /TXN_TYPE=Bill /DELIMITER=Comma /NO_COA /NO_COA_ACCT=RETAIL SALES (40100-00) /NO_COA_INCOME_ACCT=RETAIL SALES (40100-00) /NO_COA_COGS_ACCT=RAW MATERIALS (50000-00)  /NO_COA_ASSET_ACCT=INVENTORY (11000-00)

"C:\Program Files\01 Transaction Pro Importer 5.0\Transaction Pro Importer 5.0.exe"   /TEXT_FILE=\SIS\LSQB\QBAPFILE.TXT /MAP_FILE=\SIS\LSQB\LSAPIMP.DAT /TXN_TYPE=Bill /DELIMITER=Comma /NO_COA /NO_COA_ACCT=4010000 RETAIL SALES (40100-00) /NO_COA_INCOME_ACCT=4010000 RETAIL SALES (40100-00) /NO_COA_COGS_ACCT=5000000 RAW MATERIALS (50000-00)  /NO_COA_ASSET_ACCT=1100000 INVENTORY (11000-00)

In QuickBooks the Account number is 1100000 and the account name is INVENTORY (11000-00)

Any suggestions?

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 3:05pm
Try using just the name. Example: INVENTORY

If you need more help manually use the dropdown list to find out what you need to send.
mograce2u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mograce2u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2015 at 10:32pm
I first posted this in a moderated forum and thought perhaps it should go here instead.

I am currently using Alpha5 v11 as my import source.  Previously I was exporting from A5 to a csv file and then with scripting, importing that into QBPro12 thru TiPro5.  But I see there is a way to omit that step using DSN.

I have created a ODBC connection string to use the DSN option using the Visual FoxPro 6 driver and have a couple of questions on automating my 'shortcut'.

I have my other command line options set up for a Journal Entry and have changed the /TEXT_FILE=
with this string I copied from the connection string - notice there is a space after each ' ; ' - is that Ok or should I remove them?

DSN=TiPro5; UID=; PWD=; SourceDB=s:\; SourceType=DBF; Exclusive=No; BackgroundFetch=Yes; Collate=GENERAL; Null=Yes; Deleted=No;

Once DSN is selected as the file type, I would like to automatically set the OBJECT to the table I want to use. 

Is there a command line parameter I can use to specify the table object name?

Edit:  My plan is to use /AUTORUN since I have QB set up to let TiPro login automatically. 

Also, SourceDB=s:\ is the folder I mapped to on the server.  I didn't see that it would let me select the dbf in the connection string.
Thanks,
Robin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2015 at 3:56pm
First of all, are you able to select the Alpha Five table when using a DSN without executing the command line? If so then what you want is to use the following to specify the connection and table name:

/FILE_SOURCE=DSN /TEXT_FILE=Note1 /XL_SHEET=Note2

Note1 Copy and paste exactly what is in the text box to the left of the Connect button. Make sure you have a good connection to the database

Note2 This is your Alpha Five table name
mograce2u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mograce2u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2015 at 4:46pm
That's interesting, so is this correct for my table - using the path and file extension? Because when I select the table object, no path or file extension shows.

/XL_SHEET=s:\temp_pr.dbf

or

/XL_SHEET=temp_pr

Thanks,
Robin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2015 at 11:33am
You need to first make a connection to the database using the 32 bit Visual Foxpro ODBC driver. You can do an internet search for the driver. Once you have the connection you should see the list of database objects populate. Once you get that info you would take it as described above and set your command line parameters.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic